Flash book review: Three Novellas by Thomas Bernhard

Three NovellasThree Novellas by Thomas Bernhard
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Whilst reading this book it occurred to me that this is a very difficult book, I had that thought many times, maybe 100 times, and I then thought about how difficult it is to define difficulty, to know what that really was, I thought lying in my bed with the book, how difficult can this really be?... I am not under attack, I am relaxed, I am reading, but then I thought of other books that were much less difficult and affirmed some level of difficulty, I then read on until I had finished the Three Novellas, some of which verges so closely on some kind of insanity I was relieved on some level when it was done and I could move onto another Bernhard that may also be equally difficult or perhaps less difficult.


View all my reviews

Comments

Blogroll

Popular Posts